Opportunities for DCU Interns
Volkswagen Group Ireland is wholly owned by Volkswagen AG, the largest automotive company in the world with many of the most iconic automotive brands.
In Ireland we are a sales and marketing organisation distributing the Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brands. We focus on maximising long-term sales and profitability for vehicles, parts, and accessories and on building brand loyalty through the product and service experience. We do this working in partnership with a network of over 100 franchise retailers across the Republic of Ireland, and together we are very good at what we do with over 500,000 vehicles on Irish roads today, and 1 in 4 new cars sold each year is from one of our brands.
In addition to our commercial success, what sets us apart is how we work. We combine all the advantages of a multi-brand group while at the same time encouraging a friendly upbeat rivalry that keeps us all moving forward together.
DCU Interns are a vital part of our business. Over the past 7 years we have hired 76 interns through the INTRA programme, of which 33% have secured full time positions with the company on graduation. This year, we are recruiting 17 new DCU Interns for a number of exciting roles across the business – real jobs with real responsibility in a number of disciplines including sales, marketing, planning and product.
What can you expect?
- On-the-job learning with a handover period from previous interns and IT Skills training in your first month
- You will have regular meetings with your manager to discuss performance and personal development
- A team who’ll be on-hand to offer support, insight and advice
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally to broaden perspective
- Activities that reflect your interests, from new car launches in Ireland and Europe to testing new models before they’re released, attending product events, there’s always something going on
What’s included in benefits package?
- An opportunity to drive the brand cars
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays
- Bonus incentive
- Christmas Gift Card
- Health Insurance Contribution
- Company funded social events
It takes courage to challenge the ordinary. We’re looking for exceptional students, who’ve got the confidence, ambition and ability to become future colleagues in Volkswagen Group Ireland and the wider Volkswagen Group internationally. We’re looking for people with energy and determination, who seek out opportunities to learn, develop and take responsibility. If this sounds like you, take a look at our intern opportunities now.